To our residents and family members,
We want to provide you with an update regarding our facility’s visitation guidelines. The safety and wellbeing of our residents, employees, and our visitors is our top priority. We are doing what we can to limit the spread of COVID-19 within the facility. Please see the following visitation guidance:
- We do not restrict any visitations at this time. In an event of an outbreak, we will provide notification regarding the facility’s updates and any changes in our visitation guidelines. We will allow in person visitations regardless of the visitor’s vaccination status. We also have virtual communications available in an event that a family member is unable to visit their loved ones.
- We require that all visits be pre-arranged to provide our team sufficient time to ensure that all preparations needed for your visit have been completed such as disinfection and cleaning of designated visitation areas, and replenishing of our PPE supply and other sanitation needs. Please visit our website at www.berkleyeast.com to schedule your visitation appointments or you may call our facility at 310-829-5377 and our receptionist can assist you with any inquiries on how to book your visitation appointment. Any visitor entering the facility, regardless of their vaccination status must be screened for fever and COVID-19 and or other respiratory symptoms, wear appropriate facial covering and perform hand hygiene in the facility. We would require all of our visitors to comply with our infection prevention and control program to ensure the safety of our residents, employees and our visitors as well. We require the following from all of our visitors:
- COVID-19 test result (either rapid/PCR) on a sample taken prior the scheduled date of visit for any visitor/s that are coming from out of state or out of the country. A copy of the test result must be provided upon entry to the facility and prior to visiting the patient. If a recent COVID-19 test result is unavailable, we offer rapid testing for COVID-19 in our facility at no cost.
- For all other visitors that are coming to see a resident, no COVID-19 testing will be required. Regardless of the vaccination status, all visitors must be screened accordingly before seeing their loved one.
- Upon entry and exit, we require that all visitors be screened by the front desk for fever and a completion of a symptom based questionnaire. If a visitor is symptomatic upon screening or has been in close contact with a confirmed positive case, the facility would have to reschedule the visit and a follow up from our Infection Preventionist will be completed. Please be informed that further information may be requested for the purpose of contact tracing.
- A visitor’s name tag will be provided by the receptionist post screening at the front desk. All visitors must keep their name tags on at all times;
- Proper PPE use is required at all times during the visitation in all areas in the facility especially our resident care areas. A mask/respirator and an eye protection such as goggles and face shield (whichever is applicable) will be provided post screening. A respirator fit testing will be required for all designated essential caregivers (assigned daily visitors, direct caregivers included in the residents’ plan of care such as those requested on a shift basis, prior home/ALF caregivers) on the day of the initial visit. Regardless of the vaccination status, proper PPE must be observed at all times. We may ask a visitor/s to leave the facility’s premises and or prohibit entry for any visitor/s that will refuse and or be observed non-compliant with our infection prevention and control guidelines.
- For all initial visits, a brief orientation and information sheet will be provided post screening to ensure that we are able to provide all necessary resources for all visits.
- For compassionate care visits such as end-of-life care and or designated essential caregivers, please feel free to call the facility to inform us of your visit so we may make arrangements as necessary.
- All visitors should maintain 6 feet or more of physical distancing. Fully vaccinated visitors of fully vaccinated residents may have brief, limited physical contact with the resident (e.g. brief hug, holding hands).
- RESIDENTS IN SERENITY (2nd floor). We only allow a maximum of three (3) visitors at a time for in room visitation to ensure social distancing for the duration of the visit. Applicable personal protective equipment (PPE) is required during the visit.
- RESIDENTS IN GREEN ZONE. (Residents who do not present with any symptoms and have continuously been testing negative with the COVID-19 surveillance testing). Visits for residents who share a room will be conducted in a separate designated visitation area by our lobby. If/when possible, we may allow in room visits with the roommate not present in the room. Please feel free to inform us of any accommodations you may need and we will gladly assist you.
- RESIDENTS IN YELLOW/GREY ZONE EXCLUDING SYMPTOMATIC RESIDENTS. (New admissions, readmissions, dialysis residents and or chemo infusion residents). Full personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided and must be worn inside the room for the duration of the visit. We only allow a maximum of one (1) person for every visitation period to maintain proper social distancing during the visit.
- RESIDENTS IN RED ZONE. (Active COVID-19 residents) No in person visitation is allowed at this time for residents in isolation due to an active COVID-19 diagnosis. We offer and have virtual communications available at any time for family members and or friends that would like to connect with their loved ones.
- Note: All transportation personnel excluding EMS must wear a respirator and eye protection when coming in to resident care areas (2nd, 3rd, 4th floor). PPE supplies will be provided upon entry to the facility post check in and screening. We encourage frequent hand hygiene and increased disinfection of transportation gurney and supplies. EMS are not required to be screened but must wear a mask when coming into the facility.
- Special circumstances.
- Only service pets are allowed in the facility for entry;
- Children of ages 12 and below may be allowed entry and must be supervised at all times. No COVID-19 testing will be required for visitors of ages 12 and below but we encourage that children be assisted with hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and maintaining social distancing;
- Cloth masks may be allowed only for visitors ages 12 and below;
- Visitors may be allowed to bring food for the resident but must check in at the nurse’s station to ensure that the food is safe for the resident to consume such as if it is clinically appropriate as the care team needs to consider any applicable dietary restrictions. Due to the risk of possible food borne illness, we encourage that food brought in must be for immediate and or same day consumption only. Please contact the facility for guidance for non-perishable items.
- Family members for new admissions may be allowed entry with a maximum facility stay of four (4) hours after initial screening in the front desk and the completion of a resulted rapid test.
- We do not allow sleepovers/overnight stay for general visitors.
- Only service pets are allowed in the facility for entry;
Please see our visitation hours and visitor occupancy limit. We are open for visitation 7 days a week with the following visitation hours:
- Compassionate care visits such as hospice, end-of-life, palliative care, essential support caregivers are from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (Please contact us for any other arrangements and accommodations);
- Visitation for residents in Serenity floor are from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM with a break time of 12:00 NN to 1:00 PM and 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM with a visitor occupancy limit of three (3) visitors in the room for every visitation period;
- Visitation for residents in GREEN ZONE are from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM with a break time of 12:00 NN to 1:00 PM and 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM with an occupancy limit of one (1) visitor at a time and a maximum of 30 minutes for every visitation period;
- Visitation for YELLOW/GREY ZONE are from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM with a break time of 12:00 NN to 1:00 PM and 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM with an occupancy limit of one (1) visitor at a time and a maximum of 30 minutes for every visitation period.
We ask that you notify us and email our Infection Preventionist at FranchetteA@aspenskilledhealth.com or you may call at 310-829-5377 ext. 4009 if you develop any COVID-19 signs and symptoms and/or have a positive test within 14 days of visiting the facility.
To ensure that the best infection prevention practices are observed and that all infection control measures are maintained in the facility, we are requiring that all visitations be pre-arranged. Walk-ins won’t be accommodated at this time as we continue to extend our efforts in keeping our residents and our staff safe. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding. We are committed to doing everything we can to protect your loved ones and our employees. Please feel free to contact our Infection Preventionist – Franchette Almario with any questions and send your inquiries to FranchetteA@aspenskilledhealth.com. Thank you for supporting these efforts.